EMG SOLID® is a system that is used for the online measurement of oil layers on running strip material (SOLID = Surface Oil Layer Inline Determination).
The increased demands on new materials and more complex components require a greater process reliability. The oil layer has also become extremely important for the forming process of steel and aluminum sheet products. Ever increasing demands with regard to a uniform and defined lubricant layer are particularly apparent in the automotive industry.
The typical application spectrum of EMG SOLID® ranges from the rolling mill, where the initial application of oil is implemented, to metal processors, for whom sufficient lubrication in the forming process and an oil-free surface before coatings or paintings are applied, are essential.
EMG SOLID® performs an online measurement within the production line to determine the layer over the entire width and length and then visualizes it over the entire measured surface.
- Technology selection depending on your individual demands and application requirements:
• Infrared spectroscopy: EMG SOLID® IR
• Laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy: EMG SOLID® LIF
- EMG optimises its existing solutions continuously
- EMG combines advisory skills with long-term service and support
- Only EMG offers such a wide product portfolio including both quality assurance and strip guiding systems.
For more detailed information of the Oil Layer Measurement, please click HERE.
EMG Automation is a company rich in technical innovation and a global market leader with more than 60 years of experience. EMG Automation manufactures strip guiding and quality assurance systems for continuous production processes in the metal, paper and plastics sectors, as well as foil and tire industries.
The main feature of EMG strip guides is the application of Inductive Principle, which realizes in minimum burden of maintenance. In Thailand, over 50 systems of EMG have been installed in many major steel plants.