Bronx has a long and successful history of designing and building tension level lines and upgrades for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Equipment has been installed in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway, South Africa, Canada, Spain, Korea, Taiwan, Poland, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and China.
Tension levelling corrects poor shape imparted in metal strip by cold and hot rolling processes. Table top flatness quality can usually be produced depending on the severity of the poor shape of the incoming strip. Bronx Tension Levellers are well known for producing the very best flatness in high quality surface sensitive products.
Tension levelling will also greatly improve the physical properties of low carbon steel and other metals susceptible to the appearance of a defined yield point. without corrections, these types of steel can form unsightly ‘luder lines’ which when severely cold worked, usually causes reject components.
Lines are built with speeds of up to 300 MPM, thickness from 0.15mm to 3mm, widths to 1750mm in both 4 and 6 high configurations.
Quick change roll cassettes are standard for both top and bottom roll clusters. Usually, two work rolls and two de-curving sections are supplied and in some instances, one de-curving roll section is used to reduce capital cost.
Bronx engineers have developed computer programs to ensure optimum design to level Full Hard Steel, Annealed Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
After extensive design evaluation Bron Engineers have standardized all electric drives for the regenerating and motoring bridles. this format produces outstanding operational results and has a number of key advantages over other types of drives.
1. Ease and flexibility of operation. changing the strip elongation on the leveller is as easy as changing the position of ones rheostat. This feature is
vitally important in continuous galvanizing and paint lines where physical properties of the metal varies from coil to coil and line stoppages produce
large amounts of costly scrap product.
2. Maintenance of all equipment is lower, particularly when AC drives are used to power the bridles.
3. Accurate matching of bridle roll diameters is required at all times in a mechanical drive. this is not required with electrical drives.
Tension level lines can be supplied as stand-alone lines or in conjunction with:
- Coil Build Up Lines
- Coil Inspection Lines
- Slitting Lines
- Side Trimmers
- Continuous Galvanizing Lines
- Continuous Paint Coating Lines
All Bronx Tension Levellers are pre-tested in-house, which saves valuable commissioning time.
Steel – Full Hard (To 0.5mm)
Steel – Annealed
Material thickness – 0.15 – 3.0mm
Material width – up to 1830mm
Line speeds – up to 300 mpm
Materials processed include:
- Paint and metallic coated steel and aluminum
- Decorative and construction aluminum alloys
- Automotive steel for both internal applications and exposed skin panels
- Architectural and decorative stainless steel
- Pre and post pickled Hot rolled steel
They can be found in continuous process lines, inspection lines and in dedicated tension levelling lines.
Bronx are at the forefront of technology for tension levelling and our machines include features such as:
- 6 Hi or 4 Hi work roll cassettes
- Multi station curvature correction for line bow and crossbow
- Quick cassette changeover
- Auto pre-set system
- On-line flatness measurement
Bronx tension levellers are designed for best quality and long life.
We use tried and tested work roll cassette components of the highest quality together with proven preventative management programs to ensure each of our users can maintain the highest quality and performance from Bronx machines.
Research and Development
Bronx continue to research and develop new analytical techniques in tension levelling to improve our knowledge of the tension levelling process.
Recent developments include:
- Numerical analysis of strip-roll conformity in tension levellers
- Improved predictive model
- Pre-set system for operators
- Flexible 2 axis work roll settings
- Allowance for speed effect
- Allowance for possible change in mechanical properties
- Minimum energy settings
Bronx Precision Levellers
Bronx also make a range of Precision Levellers. Bronx have been building Precision Levellers for over 45 years and have over 500 in operation worldwide. the Bronx range of Precision levellers are designed to give the optimal flatness improvement to a wide range of material. They are available in different sizes and roll combinations and are selected by our experienced technical team to suit each type and range of materials to be processed.
For more detail on Tension Levellers, please click HERE.
Bronx provides a complete service including turnkey supply, engineering, purchasing, project management, training, technical advise, etc. All Bronx lines offer the following benefits to our customers:
- Bronx designed and European manufacture
- Supervision of installation and commissioning
- Full training package for operators and production personnel
Bronx is a global company with locations in the UK, Australia, Slovakia, South Africa and Russia; and sales representatives worldwide.