Sarclad is a dynamic UK company providing advanced technology products for the metals industry. Supplying to 46 different countries with regional offices in the USA, China and India, Sarclad is the market leader for non-contact Roll Inspection machines, Roll Texturing machines and Continuous Caster Gap Checking machines.
ROLLTEX provides a fast and reliable process for surface textures on cold mill rolls with outstanding accuracy and consistency, with lower operating costs and improved environmental conditions offered by other texturing processes such as shot / sand blasting.
Machines of various sizes and specifications operate continuously to provide textured rolls for Tandem, Temper, Skin Pass, Sendzimir, reversing mills and specialty strip producers. Varying roll shapes, such as parallel, CVC and cambered can be easily textured.
Integrated automatic roll loaders and roll shop management software provides texturing capabilities of +1000 rolls/month. Rolltex is the world's leading texturing machine.
The Rolltex EDT benefits:
- High quality textured strip surface
- Lower roll texturing costs than other technologies
- Improved strip control when compared to shot / sand blast technology
- Consistent textures between rolls, achieving roll to roll deviation to <4%
- Reduced incidence of "stickers" after annealing
- Reduced dirt in the mill
For more detailed information on ROLLTEX, please click HERE.
Sarclad Limited is based in UK and has been supplying equipment to the steel and non-ferrous industries for 30 years. Through advance technology, Sarclad manufacturers:
- Roll texturing equipment or Electronic Discharge Texturing (EDT) machine
- Non-destructive roll inspection equipment (employing Eddy Current and UT principles)
- Continuous caster strand monitoring equipment